A CRITICAL ELEMENT TO THE MILITARY
From sanitary service to medical support, in peace time or in war time, at hospitals or at battlefield, military medical personnel are indispensable in providing assistance to patients and casualties. Their professional services uphold the combat readiness and help boost morale of the men and women of the armed forces. The quality of military medical system is one of the determinants of the military's combat capabilities.
THE UNIQUE ROLE OF MILITARY HOSPITALS
In addition to taking care of the soldier's health, participating in military training and exercises, providing sanitary services and support, military hospitals are also responsible for many unique missions:
- Physical checks for conscripted personnel and students taking the Military School Entrance Examination.
- Physical training and physical checks for aircrew.
- Studies of underwater and hyperbaric medicine, and treatment of hyperbaric illness.
- Conscription of medical facilities and material in period of mobilization .
- Regulating and control of hospital beds in war time.
- Formulating plans for military medical studies in concert with combat requirement.
- Review of disqualified conscripted personnel and classification of disabilities.
- Support of medical service in foreign countries in concert with government policy.
These missions are so unique that necessitate the continuous development of military hospitals.